Monday, April 6, 2009

Updates 4/6/09

I'm sorry it has been so long since my last update. I had some days when I didn't feel well, then on some of my good days I substitute taught, and I've been busy lately. Here's an overview of what's been going on.

Three weeks ago I got rid of the hair. I wasn't feeling good and it had already been coming out in big clumps. I couldn't stand it anymore and my scalp hurt so badly. At about 10 pm I decided I wanted to cut it so I called Matt, he came out to my house, and Dad used a beard trimmer to buz my head. I felt so much better after that and it really wasn't as hard for me as I thought it would be. Since then most of the little hairs have fallen out (partially because I lint rolled my head to get them out), but some are still hanging on. I do have two wigs, but I don't wear them as much as I thought I would. I'm much more comfortable in a hat, and when I'm at home I usually don't wear anything on my head at all.

My second chemo treatment was worse then the first. I had a lot of chest pain with my first treatment, so they gave me pain meds to help with that for my second treatment. The pain meds had side effects that caused other problems for me and I felt pretty bad.

My third treatment was so much better than the first two. I didn't have any pain in my mouth at all! I did have a couple bad days, but overall I've felt a lot better. Matt and I were even able to make a trip to St. Louis to see his mom for her birthday. We had a lot of fun and I can't wait to go back again!

Lately, I've been working on applying for jobs for next school year. I've had one interview already and I have more applications almost ready to turn in. My next treatment is this Friday. I hope it goes as well as the third one. After Friday I will be one-third of the way finished with my treatments!

No comments:

Post a Comment