Friday, March 6, 2009

Facebook Note Posted on 2/26/09

I have some good updates this time!
First of all, on Friday (Feb 20) I decided that I didn't want to deal with trying on dresses in a wig. I talked to my mom and sister, and Matt called his mom and everyone cleared their schedules to come dress shopping on Saturday. At first I wasn't sure I'd find the right one, but after trying on many dresses, the owner brought out a dress that I would have never picked on my own. I wasn't even sure I liked it on the hanger, but I put it on fell in love with it!

Monday and Tuesday I went back to work. Tuesday was horrible, I had to be at the hospital at 6:30 for a breathing test. It took forever. Then I went to school which was even worse, from catching girls stealing candy to catching boys cheating on a test, to having a parent start to accuse me for her son's problems with Math (luckily Mrs. Welker was there to stand up for me and prove the parent wrong). Parent teacher conferences lasted until 8, then I had more stuff to finish before being gone for 2 days, so I ended up not leaving until 9:30.

Wednesday was the good news day. I went back to my oncologist. He looked at my test results and staged my cancer at a 2A. 2 means that there are lumps in 2 locations (my chest and neck) and A means that I don't have any of the other symptoms that go along with the cancer. He also told us that I will only need 4 cycles (8 treatments) of chemo and then some radiation. He said that there are good patients who are easy to cure and do well with the treatments, and there are bad patients who have a much harder time. He told me that I was a really good patient and this should be no problem. I go back to him in 2 weeks.

After my appointment with the oncologist I got my first chemo treatment. It took a lot longer than normal because they had to talk to me and give me all the side effects of the drugs. They also had to give me test amounts of some of them to make sure I didn't have bad reactions. I did well with the chemo and slept through most of it. After I got home, I felt a little sick to my stomach, but they gave me medicine for that. Mostly, I just felt sleepy. I am off work today also because they wanted to make sure I reacted okay to everything. I slept in, but I feel fine.

Today I'm going to visit some of my former students, then I'm getting my nails done. Tomorrow we're off school because of parent teacher conferences, and I'm getting my hair cut. Friday I'm visiting some of my other former students, and then going to Ash Grove/Springfield for the weekend.

Again, thank you so much for your love, prayers, and support! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment