Monday, May 11, 2009

5/11/09 Updates

Last week I spent a few days in the hospital. The doctor had told us all along that if I had a fever of 100.5 or higher, I should go to the ER. Last Sunday (the 3rd) I felt fine, but right before bed we checked my temp and it was about 99.8. All day Monday I felt pretty crummy, but my temp was always 99.something. At about 10:00 Monday night my temp got to 100.6 so we went to the ER. When we got there they gave me antibiotics through an IV and decided I needed to stay because my white blood cell counts were too low (which is caused by the chemo). Finally Wednesday morning my counts were back up and I had been over 24 hours without a fever so I got to go home.

While in the hospital and at the doctor's office when I was leaving the hospital, I got some good news. MY CANCER IS PRETTY MUCH GONE!!!!! My last scan was clear! This doesn't mean the battle is over. I still have chemo (which sometimes makes me sick) because we have to make sure every single cell is gone and we have to prevent the cancer from coming back. Also, because of my time spent in the hospital, my chemo treatments have all been pushed back a little bit. As of right now, my last treatment is scheduled for August 5!

Thank you again for all your prayers and support! Please keep them coming. God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Renee,
    It is so good to hear this news. I had been worried when I heard you were in the hospital last week. I am so relieved and excited about your news. You are to be admired, you are a strong woman!
    Continued prayers are on their way everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God!
    What good news to hear the cancer is in retreat. We pray for you every week at my church in Ohio.

    love,
    Ellen Thomas (Matt's mom's cousin!)

    ReplyDelete