Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6/24/09 Updates

I'm sorry it has been so long since I last updated. Life has been pretty busy. Wedding season has started. Matt and I were invited to eight weddings this summer and we're trying to make it to as many of them as possible.

Lately I've been doing much better with the chemo. I don't get sick like I did in the earlier months of my treatment. I'm back to doing most of the stuff I did before, I just have to rest a little more often. I was even able to spend a week in Orange Beach, Alabama with Matt and his dad's family. I rested a lot, but felt great the whole time. After we got back I ended up in the hospital again. We're not really sure why. On a Monday night I started getting chills so we took my temp and it was 101 which means its ER time. By the time we got to the hospital my temp had already gone down on its own, but my white counts were low so again I couldn't go home until they came back up. I felt fine and didn't want to be in the hospital, but I knew I had to to be safe. By Thursday my counts were finally (and just barely) up enough for me to go home.

Being in the hospital pushed my treatments back again. It stinks, but hopefully it won't happen again. Right now my last treatment is set for August 12. They still have me on antibiotics to try to keep me from getting infections, and now they also have me on a shot to help with the white counts. The day after chemo I go back to get my shot and it tricks my body into thinking I have an infection so it will produce extra healthy white blood cells. This should help to keep me out of the hospital. The only other problem I'm having is the heat. I get over heated really easy these days so I have to be extra careful.

That's probably most of the news I have. Other than all of this, I'm just trying to find a job. The hunt hasn't been going so well so any prayers would be greatly appreciated.

As always, thank you for your love, support, and prayers. In one week I will have treatment number 9 of 12. We're almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment