Wednesday, July 22, 2009

7/22/09 Updates

I know its been awhile since my last update. It seemed like I kept getting good news and I wanted to wait a little longer and update about all of it at once.

I am now 5/6 of the way through my treatments. That means 10 of my 12 treatments are finished. Treatment number 11 is on the 28th (less than a week away). I've been doing much better since I started getting my shot the day after chemo. I don't have to worry as much about what I eat because my white counts don't get/stay so low.

On to more good news...I GOT A JOB!!! I will be teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade at Immaculate Conception in Jackson. They didn't have a teacher leave, but the classes are pretty big so they decided to add another Jr. High teacher. So, I don't know for sure yet what I will be teaching because they're deciding what they want to take from the other teachers and give to me. Originally, the position was for Social Studies and Religion, but because I have extra certification in Math they're talking about giving me some Math. Although I don't know my classes, I do have keys and a classroom. Thanks to my friends and former coworkers at SEMO (who gave me a gift card when I left), I was able to get some general decoration type stuff already! Matthew, two of my cousins, and I got some decorations and started working on my room. It looks so much better with some color! I'm very excited about my job and I think I'm really going to love it there!

One more awesome thing...I also got a new car! The cars I have been driving since turning 16 have been hand-me-downs and have belonged to my parents. They've been good cars, but in our family when you graduate from college you either get your own car, or buy the car you've been driving from mom and dad. I hadn't done this yet because I was unable to work full-time. I'm very grateful to mom and dad for letting me wait a little longer, but after getting a job I decided it was time to get a car. I ended up getting a 2010 Mazda 3 i Touring. It has a moonroof (which I have always wanted) and built in bluetooth. Its a pretty cool car and I absolutely love it. Matt loves it too and has probably already driven it as much as I have.

Other than that, things have been okay. The past couple of days have been kind of hard. The arm that I got my last treatment in has been hurting a lot and my stomach hasn't been feeling the greatest. I have been feeling so good for so long that it makes it much harder when I don't feel well. Luckily, I'm almost finished and my veins will soon get a rest. As of right now August 10 is my last treatment!

As always, thank you for all the love, support, and prayers. God sure is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment